Having trouble with Stairs and ceiling heights

ChiefKingtut

We live in a raised ranch style home and no plans exists that we can find, so using Home Designer Architectural 2017 I made this attached plan, but stairs are a problem, back door and ceiling heights do not work either.

To clear things up front door is 8" off ground and back door is 2" off ground, yard is flat no elevation change, basement floor is 48" below grade with 7' ceilings, main floor is 8' ceilings.

Basement stairs are 5 steps then landing (Back door) and 5 steps then landing (Main floor).

I have tried everything I can think of but no luck.

Also as a side not I used to use 3D Home Architect Deluxe 4, and it had a Build floor->Add Above or Add below option, I miss that. Also I used to be able to click on a wall and a Align with lower floor wall was a option but not in this HDA 2017, I miss that too.

Anyways thanks for any assistance.

68 Elizabeth Street (Primary).plan

Also as a side not I used to use 3D Home Architect Deluxe 4, and it had a Build floor->Add Above or Add below option, I miss that. Also I used to be able to click on a wall and a Align with lower floor wall was a option but not in this HDA 2017, I miss that too.

Build>Floor>Insert New Floor

Select a wall, in the Edit Toolbar, mouse over the icons -- you will find one that is Align With Above (or Below). It only shows when a wall is not aligned.

We live in a raised ranch style home and no plans exists that we can find, so using Home Designer Architectural 2017 I made this attached plan, but stairs are a problem, back door and ceiling heights do not work either.

To clear things up front door is 8" off ground and back door is 2" off ground, yard is flat no elevation change, basement floor is 48" below grade with 7' ceilings, main floor is 8' ceilings.

Basement stairs are 5 steps then landing (Back door) and 5 steps then landing (Main floor).

I have tried everything I can think of but no luck.

What are you unable to do?

Ceiling heights on the floor 2 are supposed to be 8', they do not show or are not 8' in the plan, they seem or appear much taller in perspective view, way too much space between top of windows and lower edge of the roof.. 

Also, is there a better way to do both the front and back stairs as there is supposed to be open or usable storage space under both.

Thank-you for the info on the align walls.

Roof is a hip roof and was correct from the beginning, you changed the heights of the entrys using default, thats screwed things up a bit.

As to unchecking defaults, I did not uncheck any default boxes, during the making of this plan.

I designed floor 1 first -48 to the floor surface, this is the basement level. I then added floor 2 main floor, where front entry is 8" above grade and rear door is 2" above grade, thats why the stairs inside front door leading upto hallway, and rear landing at door going up to door landing connected to floor 2 hall, but also descending to basement from rear door, thats why the floor height settings,.

And grade is entirly flat for the whole yard.

Your video did help me though.