Lock options missing from Arc Specification Dialog

DesignerBuilder

In both Home Designer Pro 2016 and 2017 the Lock options (as shown in Help and KB articles) are missing from the Arc Specification Dialog. This makes it almost impossible to create site plans with accurate arcs.

I've included a screenshot from the Help and KB articles that show the missing Lock option in item #1 of the image. I am also providing the links to the Help and KB articles below.

I specifically need to use the "Lock Chord" option. Is there a workaround solution for this?

post-6340-0-89680200-1459069765_thumb.jpg

Help Article - qthelp://chiefarchitect.com.chiefarchitect.hdpro.2017/doc/ec2197387.htm

I specifically need to use the "Lock Chord" option. Is there a workaround solution for this?

Perhaps.  Please let us know what you're trying to achieve and why you need to use the lock chord option for the arc.  Often is the case in geometric problems that there is more than one way to arrive at the same conclusion.

For example, if you have a chord start point and bearing and also know the location of the arc center, you can draw a CAD Arc with the help of a CAD Line and a CAD Circle; the line would originate at the known end point, and the circle radius can be set in its property dialog, then drag it to the known arc center.  Now use the draw arc tool to connect the chord points of intercept with the circle, select the arc and drag/snap its curve to the circle using the appropriate grip.

There are other ways depending on your known information with which you're starting.  Help us help you by giving us a better picture of what geometric information you have available and what you're trying to achieve with it so we can provide better (more accurate) guidance.

Good luck. :)

• Upvote 1