Rounding dimensions

Halcyon

Go to solution Solved by Halcyon,

I'm at the stage now of starting to do my working drawings (layouts). The standard here is to express all dimensions in millimeters, but round them to the nearest 10mm. ie.  7774mm would be 7770mm. I cannot find a way to do this in my HD pro 2016. I could of course express dimensions in centimeters, but I am then not using the standard and can see a trady in a hurry cutting something to a tenth of it's length.

Can this type of rounding be done in HD Pro 2016?

In my state of Victoria only registered designers (and architects of course) can do plans for housing, but I think I can work around this and would like to get things close to right. Strange to say that one can build your own house, but not design it!

I'm happy to post the plans,but think that maybe there is no need for this enquiry.

Thanks. Pat

Law & Eric. I have finished the drawings and have now started on the layouts and don't particularly want to start again ( for probably the sixth time). My fear (not unreasonable I think) is that once I start making small changes to wall lengths, all sorts of gremlins will enter the scene. Rounding to the nearest 10mm will make some walls longer and some shorter and my hard found experience is that the program does not like inconsistent wall lengths.

At this stage my workaround will be to express the dimensions in cm's and then put a zero on the end of the number using the text function. A bit of work I know, but easier than fooling around changing wall lengths.

A hint to the software writers: it shouldn't take much work to make this happen.

Pat