How to tell HDPro that an object is an appliance?

DaveTheB

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I downloaded the 3D models of my exact kitchen appliances (I think from 3DWarehouse - it's been a while) and they're in my HDPro library. But when I try to drop them onto the appliances already in my plan to replace them, HDPro tells me "This will conflict with another object in the same position." But if I select an existing appliance object from HDPro's default library, it tells me, "This cabinet already has a fixture or appliance. Would you like to replace it?". Is it possible to tell HDPro that it can use my downloaded objects as appliances?

Thanks,

db

• Solution

Remove the unwanted appliances.

Create a cavity in the target cabinet large enough to make room for the intended appliance.

Using control Key-drag you then manually place the 3D warehouse appliance into the prepared cavity.

Appliance objects that ship with Pro are programmed to interact with cabinets, 3D Warehouse objects are not so programmed so additional steps are necessary to use them.

DJP

• Upvote 1

@David - I've had partial success. For the cooktop, I simply removed the old and placed the new one on top of the counter, adjusting distance from floor to make it look like it is mounted into the counter top.

The microwave is an undercounter, drawer type. I removed the existing generic one. In the dialog for the cabinet, I chose the Appliance opening and then it let me pick my Bosch microwave from my library. That's great except the microwave is hovering in front of the cabinet rather than in it. I tried deleting that from the cabinet and then just manually placing the appliance but again, it will let me place it over the floor in front of the cabinet but not in it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

db

@LawB10 - Much appreciate the help but I just can't get the microwave to move into the cabinet. If I try to place it where the cabinet is, HDPro moves the cabinet. Is there possibly something wrong with the cabinet definition?

As far as I can tell, I'm using the Control key. (I'm on a Mac so in case it should be a different key, I believe I've tried Shift, Option, and Command too.)

I've attached my plan. In the first floor kitchen area, I've left the microwave in front of the cabinet it's meant to go in. In the bar, I've left a wine fridge. If you can get this to work, I'd love to know how since I plan to do the same exercise with the oven and fridge.

Thanks!

db

22 Ridgeway Road.plan

For the appliances, I moved them into the cabinets with a control drag, then adjusted the height as needed.

I would do away with using the fireplace tool and instead use a solid -- soffit or slab for example, to form the interior brick wall.

post-171-0-24315800-1458267429_thumb.jpg

Well now I'm very confused. I quit HDPro and restarted it. With a little nudging to get it to move into place, things moved and I didn't have to hold down ANY key. I wish I knew what I'd been doing wrong. Thanks for all the help - much appreciated.

get rid of the poly lines you don't need them

Delete the fireplace from the foundation

raise the terrain pad by lowering the number

Use a pass thru or doorway and place the fireplace on the outside wall, that way it won't show in the master bedroom

Uncheck the No Firebox, raise the fireplace to the height you want it.

Resize the fireplace defaults to what you want.

• 2 weeks later...