Hip / Gable

cte677

Home Designer Architectural 2016

See attachments.

1) Why the double lines in the roof on the right side?

2) It is difficult to move any of the walls in that area. I would like the extension wall to be 9 foot wide ... the angle wall starting 1 foot from the end.

3) The two angle walls to be 45 degrees.

Would Pro fix all of these problems?

House Bismarck South 160314 15 no interior.plan

post-6269-0-92250700-1457999133_thumb.jpg

Pro has multiple advantages, a big one is the ability to draw your own roof planes.

If you are considering the upgrade, I'll suggest you download the trial.

There is some learning, but you will be able to see what you can do with it.

The double lines you mention look like walls that you made invisible. Upgrading will not fix your lack of understanding of how to properly use the software. All I see is a plan file created by a new user who has not well studied and understood how the software is designed to work. That is the main purpose of the Reference Manual to answer the questions of How do I get a particular result and why. Do some studying not some upgrading.

DJP

• Downvote 1

The double lines you mention look like walls that you made invisible. Upgrading will not fix your lack of understanding of how to properly use the software. All I see is a plan file created by a new user who has not well studied and understood how the software is designed to work. That is the main purpose of the Reference Manual to answer the questions of How do I get a particular result and why. Do some studying not some upgrading.

DJP

I agree with this post, well said David....

I think some other responders misread the question and didn't look at the plan/screenshot very closely.

The double lines in the ROOF along the right of your manual bay bumpout have to do with the location of your invisible wall, if you move it slightly to the right a bit more, you won't get the second roof plane generating there.

Once you get the roof how you want, turn UNCHECK Auto Rebuild Roofs in the Build Roof dialog, then you can delete those little extra rooms created with room dividers and still have the roof remain intact the way you want.