Kitchen Cabinets

dbneil4056

Has anyone used Home Designer Pro to detail cabinet construction?

I plan to build my own kitchen cabinets. There are a few reasonably priced design software programs available for creating detailed designs of cabinets, but I would like to avoid this if I can use Home Designer Pro. Wondering if the CAD option can be used to create 2D plan details, showing dimensions for each part of the cabinet construction.

I realize that this is not the primary function of the program, but thought I would ask just in case.

Thanks!

I have never done detailed cabinet construction documents nor have I ever been asked about doing it either in thirty years. The cabinet drawings I do consist of dimensioned and annotated cabinet wall elevations.

That still does not mean you cannot do so, but one would have to be willing to draw piece by piece and component using 2D CAD tools and annotations. I am sure that it can be done, you just use the tools you have and make it happen. Other programs like "20-20" are specifically designed for cabinet construction documentation but are of course rather pricey as well.

DJP

I had the same question. I designed a custom walk-in closet with two built-ins...tweaking the measurements for drawers shelves and slide outs. Now I would like to print something that will show the dimensions for what I just spent a long time working on.

Just the dimensions shown on one drawing. It's all just 3/4" material with open shelves, two drawers and 4 slide outs for shoes. I was able to print an elevation of it and just filled in the dimensions by hand. Would have been nice to have all the dimensions on the printed drawing though....