Home Designer 2017

dbneil4056

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

• Solution

You can request a free trial version from their website to compare the differences from the New Features link that solver provided.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/trial.html

The 3D Navigation and corner windows from the list look nice, but I don't see anything major jumping out at me personally to justify the upgrade right now.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to HDPro 17 - and on my iMac OSX 10.9.5 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, I have noticed an improvement in 3D handling, render and general model appearance for some reason? The model is a pleasure to work with.

I have no idea if anything has been done software wise, and I am using the same iMac as I used with HDPro16 -

this has been an issue for me in the past - but the upgrade cost is great value. (for that reason alone it seems)

imo.

Cheers. 

Robbo.

I upgraded to Home Designer Pro 2017 recently and noticed the improvements in rendering in Full Camera mode, but the problem is that the longer I work on a model, the slower HDP2017 runs. If I restart the program, that usually speeds it up again, but I think the programmers should be aware of a possible memory leak problem (?). It's incredibly aggravating. This did not happen in the 2016 version.

Tech stuff:

Windows 10 Home V. 1511 OS Build 10586.164

Processor Intel Core 97-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz

RAM 8 GB

64-bit OS

I upgraded to Home Designer Pro 2017 recently and noticed the improvements in rendering in Full Camera mode, but the problem is that the longer I work on a model, the slower HDP2017 runs. If I restart the program, that usually speeds it up again, but I think the programmers should be aware of a possible memory leak problem (?). It's incredibly aggravating. This did not happen in the 2016 version.

You might report your concern to tech support.

I also very much miss the ability to hit a single button (F6) which re-sets the camera view. I can't seem to find any similar feature in 2017. :(

F6 is tied to the Fill Window command. Not sure what you are expecting when you say "re-sets the camera view".

• 3 months later...

F6 is tied to the Fill Window command. Not sure what you are expecting when you say "re-sets the camera view".

I mean in Home Designer Pro 2016 you were able to press the F6 button and the camera's view would reset to its defaults. That feature is gone in 2017 as far as I can tell. I miss it. :(