Adding an invisible wall

KarenHSD

There are several ways to show walls to be demolished in Pro and identically in Chief Premier (same exact tools).

1. I commonly use two plan files for remodel projects: a. "As Built" and b. Remodeling plan file."
2. Using two plan files I first draw the "As Built" , making it as complete as is possible for the job at hand.
3. I usually mark the walls to be removed by using the "Hatch Wall" tool, Found under the Build Menu - Wall - Hatch Wall". With this tool you can mark your walls to stand out in plan view from other interior walls using the tool.
4. So in the "Remodel Plan" (being a save-as copy of the As built plan ) there is no need ever for invisible walls. If I feel the need to show demo walls in the remodel plan I commonly use 2D CAD poly-lines using a dashed line style (2D CAD lines cause less trouble than any walls, visible or invisible.
5.Some Permit authorities require an opaque fill in Demo Walls (meaning you cannot simply use the "Hatch Wall" tool method. In such cases I take a wall type that I am not otherwise using in the plan and edit it to look like an interior wall but that has a dark black fill instead of the default yellow fill of interior 4 walls.
There are other ways to annotate these kinds of things using 2D fill boxes (filled poly-lines) but I do not favor that method over the above methods in Home Designer Pro.

DJP

• 7 years later...

Part of Karen's query was - "The Chief Architect version has an invisible wall tool but I don't see one in my HD Pro version."  (ie. is there one??)  

Can anyone respond to this point?  Is there a way to draw an "Invisible Wall" type in Home Designer, like there is in Chief Architect??

Does it matter that the question is 7 years old?  Does that mean it doesn't warrant an answer?  Why would I start a new thread for an old question which hasn't been answered?
You say that "You can set any wall to be invisible."   If so, the question is how?  (If there is a way in Home Designer Pro, it is not obvious or intuitive - and no offense, but what I am trying to do is irrelevant).

8 minutes ago, Fjohnston said:

You say that "You can set any wall to be invisible."   If so, the question is how?  (If there is a way in Home Designer Pro, it is not obvious or intuitive

Open Help, search invisible. Read and you will learn.

Well that suggestion didn't provide any help.  I guess it must be too difficult to just answer the question.

I am constantly puzzled by how many people like to chirp in, to respond to questions on these sorts of forums when they have no answer to the question being asked.  Why do you bother?

Like Bambi's mother said:  If you don't have anything nice (or useful) to say, don't say anything at all.

Read and you will learn.

Invisible Wall.png

OMG many ways to do this:

click on wall and open the edit dialogue for it.

First page check box for INVISIBLE

Click on wall to highlight.

Select Hidden icon thingy at bottom of page which is a slab looking white wall outlined by HIDDEN dashed line.

All above covered under INVISIBLE WALL in help screen

Easy way to get there would be to select wall and open edit dialogue scree and then hit HELP button lower right and it will tell you what everything does and lo an behold it tells you what invisible wall is.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 022925.png