double story bay window

rhadkins2002

How do I draw a huge CURVED window that is the width of the entire room (great room) that is also two stories high. There are two story rooms on either side of the great room.

It will look similar to the attached room with the window glass running from floor to ceiling and wall to wall.. The difference is I want the spacers between window panes to be much smaller.

I also want the great room to have a curved ceiling. I don't care so much about the shape of the roof though. the top of the window should be a half-dome glass matching the window.

I"ll attach my extremely rough draft of where I am so far. I don't have the 2nd floor even partially roughed in as of yet. 

The jpg doesn't show the proper second-floor area above the great room and lacks the curved window at its end which should be there.

Thanks for any advice,

Rick

ps. I am using Home Designer Architectural 2016

post-6194-0-50689400-1456631353_thumb.jpg

post-6194-0-78087900-1456631954_thumb.jpg

001.plan

Draw a segmented or curved wall. Set the rooms ceiling height high enough so that you have room for the windows. Create the lowest level of the windows to fill or fit into the curved wall. Then shift-select the grouped windows as a group and copy-drag-paste those windows up for the next level up  then repeat until you have the number of windows you require.

DJP

• Upvote 1

The plan definitely looks too rough to do offer any real suggestions for it at this stage.

Since it sounds like you just need to create the curved wall and windows on Floor 1 the way you want, then select the wall, go to Edit> Copy, move up to Floor 2, select Edit> Paste> Paste Hold Position.

Make sure to set the Room Type on Floor 2 as Open Below.

post-35-0-68224900-1456856252_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1