Copying a new plan and pasting into an existing plan

woodystock

Apologies if this has been addressed already or my forum etiquette is off, it's my 1st post.

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2016.

I have built a garage in an independent plan file from the main house. I did this as the roof kept changing the main house roof every time I modified it. The main house also has the terrain perimeter embedded. 

So I have a garage plan (file) and a house plan (file). How can I copy all of the layers/levels of the garage plan and paste it into the house plan? I saw a thread that mentioned the "edit areas - all floors" but I'm still only able to copy and past one layer/level at a time. 

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I was able to do this same thing. I used the Edit Area/Edit All Floors.  I then put a box around what I wanted to copy. I then chose Edit/Copy. I went to the target and I chose paste/hold position (since I wanted it to be placed in the same location in the target drawing). I did have to redo the stairs because it broke them, but everything else seemed to work. Also, just so you know, you can have both files open at the same time ...

• Upvote 1