Zero-thickness room dividers turn into invisible walls

FlightDeck

Hi, I saw a post on this from 2014 but the "solution" wasn't clear.  I've noticed since using Pro that the default zero-thickness Room Dividers keep converting themselves into invisible walls with the thickness of a default wall.  I can't be certain but it seems to do it when re-opening a plan or maybe using Undo.  I never recall seeing this issue in HDA.  How do I make it stop doing this?

Thanks  :)

Happens to me all the time.

The solution posed over on ChiefTalk is to make your own "Room Divider" wall. Create a wall with a single layer, as thin as possible, with Insulation Air Gap as the material.

This will always happen when floor/ceiling heights differ between the 2 spaces.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Eric.  Nice to know I'm not going crazy! (Well I am, but for other reasons! :D )

Sometimes I've tried altering the thickness back to zero but it rarely works.  Will give defining the wall type a try. 

It's bizarre I didn't have this happen in HDA.  Maybe somehow none of my HDA models had the issue that triggers it.

Not in my case.  Even though both sides of the room dividers have an Open Below room above them, both sides have identical floor and ceiling heights. 

(In this case the room dividers are being used purely as a workaround to permit different mouldings on different walls in the same room, as discussed here https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/1868-disable-mouldings-on-individual-walls-in-a-room/).

These dividers are however ending at complex corner junctions of multiple walls of differing types/thicknesses, and I've found these corners are always problematic particularly when editing things.  It's possible that the room dividers are looking at floor/ceiling heights on the other side of these corners and seeing differing heights that way.