airforce12

I am trying to create a balcony inside the house, similar to the one shown in the picture. Every time I click to exclude a ceiling it never actually gets ride of the ceiling, when I try to drop the floor it creates a wall that is the entire height of the house on all sides. Does anybody know how to create an open space between two floors to make this happen?

inside-the-main-entryway-has-a-sweeping-

You need to make (designate) the Open Area as Open Below (2nd floor) in the Room's DBX ,then the floor will be cut out and you'll have the two storey space in the front entry.

Another name is Mezzanine for this type of look...

Might be a KB Article on it ? save me some typing  .....yep :)  

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00210/

ask again if that doesn't help

Mick

I disagree with Mick to the extent that if you cannot get your desired product after studying the offered Knowledge Base article and then implementing it afterwards.

If you cannot get the expected results then there is something in the Knowledge Base article you have not yet fully understood. Go back and study it again until you get understood what you missed the first time (it is usually a word or symbol that you do not fully understand that perhaps you have one or two actual definitions for it but are missing the definition that applies the way the author intended in order to convey the correct understanding).

That article IS how to do what you want to do.

DJP

While it isn't all that difficult for those of us who have done it before and know how the software works ( to some degree) not all the KB Articles are well written or cover things in enough depth , for example this KB Article does not tell you explicitly to be on Level 2 when you do your invisible wall ( or that it can be turned into a rail afterwards along the edge) , so a few extra tips for beginners maybe needed , was all I was thinking since the KB does not represent the "pretty picture" at it's top.

Mick