Where are wall areas displayed?

FlightDeck

Hi all, I could swear I've seen a window in the software somewhere that shows the area of a wall when clicked, but I can't find it now.  Where is it? 

I want to use it to quickly get the net areas (without window/door openings) of walls to estimate the amount of tile, drywall, etc.

Thanks!  :)

Kyle

If you have a room with 4 walls of sheetrock why not let the software calculate it.  I believe it will not calculate wall coverings such as wall paper or paint but if you have a custom wall with tile as a layer i believe the Material List should include it.   Also you can use the function shown below:

Alan

post-2501-0-66387300-1455732456_thumb.png

Because I don't want the area from all the walls, only specific ones (different coverings). 

As mentioned I can't figure out how to get the area option to do a wall. The materials list that pops up shows subfloor and base moulding, but nothing about the wall (and the values it shows appear to be from the entire floor rather than just the rectangle I select).

Not what I was recalling / hallucinating, but very useful!  I may be able to use this.  I note the table gives counts rather than area (for example 3 sheets of drywall). 

I'll check the forum again to see if I can find the example I'm recalling.  I've just checked custom backsplashes and countertops and I see that both of those show area, perimeter, and volume under Polyline in their properties.  This is very close to what I recall seeing, but I thought for some reason we could do it for walls.  I also recall that whoever posted it was indicating that different versions of the software so more info.  His might have been from a CA product as I recall the dialog box was full of data.