Adding unit prices inside HD Pro?

MatE

Help> Launch Help

Search MASTER LIST.

From the Help:

The Master List saves price, supplier, manufacturer, and other information about items in your Materials Lists and allows you to apply that information to items in future Materials Lists. Select Tools> Materials List> Master List to open the Master List.

Home Designer Pro allows you to have more than one Master List. Only one can be active, however, and only the active list is updated with new information. You can specify which Master List is active in the Preferences dialog.

There's more information in the Help that you can look over, and a little bit of information in this Knowledge Base article as well.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00453/estimating-material-costs-in-home-designer-pro.html

• Upvote 2

I'll keep trying here, it seams quite difficult.... The master list is empty, can't figure out how to cut and past existing material info, so next drawing it will already price out 2x4 and the like?  If I just type something in from scratch...Not sure how to tag the program with this info so when a wall using 2x4 members is used, it will automatically price it out in the exported price sheet?  But I'll keep dabbling with it, thanks for the Help menu info that is suppose to help figure this out?

If you read and follow the instructions under Master List in Help, it tells you how to populate the Master List from a Materials List -- I just did it.

As for going the other way, that is adding materials first to the Master List, then filling in a Materials List from the Master, you may need to experiment a bit. It says the Materials List will search for a matching record in the Master List, but does not seem to say what "matching" is.

• Upvote 1

It seems you cannot add items directly to the Master List. You generate a Materials List, enter pricing and/or other information, then populate the Master List from the Materials List.

Once the Master List has information in it, you may then edit the item in the Master List.

Future Material List may then import matching items from the Master List.