Strange Floor Behaviors

English

I've been working on a plan and had issues with my second and third floors so I deleted them and started over with just the first floor.  I created a new second floor with no auto build.  I added a couple of external walls and aligned them with the walls below.  When I go to the second floor dollhouse view there are no walls visible.  Okay I deleted the floor and created a new floor with auto walls turned on.  It created the second floor on the first floor.

Could someone please take a look at my plan to see what's going on.

Thanks

Alan

Inverness.plan

You've set your Floor Defaults wrong.

For example, your Floor 1 Defaults have the Ceiling at 0", no Floor or Ceiling Finishes, etc.

That's why copy/paste in to a new plan as solver's recommended will work, because the Floor 1 defaults there will be standard.

Kat

I have no idea how those got changed.

Alan

The new plan doesn't have an enclosed space on Floor 2 to make a room, so the roof planes building over the Bow window from Floor 1 are going to cut off some of the walls on Floor 2.

I noticed that Kat --- need to get the walls finished before building the roof.  Any ideas why the gaps between some walls in elevation?  I added some more walls but am having an alignment issue.  If I align the second floor with the first and look at the doll house view there is a definite misalignment of about 3".

Thanks

Alan

post-2501-0-50059400-1455042891_thumb.png

Make sure they are aligning to the correct layer. You changed some settings while working on your house, I believe. Don't know if these are preferences or defaults.

When I added a 2nd floor here, there were no misalignments.

My 2nd floor also formed a room.

Kat

Yes I have plans for that wall.  The vapor barrier goes on the inside of the framing -- well on all the walls I've ever built it does.  I did check the two wall types - my  custom and the 4" Stucco and they all align to the main layer -- the studs.  I'll check again tomorrow though.

Thanks

Alan