Adding a front porch with storage underneath

ChrisF

Go to solution Solved by ChrisF,

I just got the home designer pro program and am really enjoying learning how to use it.  That being said.

I am trying to put a front porch on a house plan.  My intention is to have cold storage underneath it access from the basement.  I have tried to find a video of how to put the porch on with the foundation walls a basement floor. But am having no luck.  Can some one guide me in the direction I need to go?

Thanks, Chris

I have the exterior and interior walls of the house in but I am not sure how to add the foundation wall around the front of the porch, add the suspended slab and incorporate a roof over the porch area into the roof of the house.  Thanks for you help.

I posted some links above. Go to the Knowledge Base, search for porch. A porch is just a room like any other room in the house. Give it a Room Type of Porch.

After you have drawn the porch -- For the foundation, there is a foundation wall tool. On the foundation level, use this tool to draw in foundation walls under the porch. Use the Reference Display to see the walls above.

• Upvote 1

• Solution

Solver,  I thing I got it figured out.  I was building the main walls for the house. Building the foundation.  Then trying to add the exterior walls for the porch.  Was giving me issues.  But I just tried again.  I added all the walls including the porch. Built the foundation then added the strait foundation walls directly under the inside exterior walls of the porch.  It worked.

Thanks for your help.