Revit ADM

English

Can't answer your question, but there is a Pella catalog available for Chief. Maybe they will someday make this type of catalog available to Home Designer users for a nominal fee.

Are you looking for something unique that you can't simulate with a stock window?

All I could find on the Pella site were .rfa files.

From Chieftalk: 

Toto only supplies *.rfa models, which are Revit native and not importable to CA.  Try searching Trimble 3D Warehouse for an skp or dae file of the fixture you're looking for.  You my also ask somebody here to open the rfa file in 3ds Max and export as 3ds or obj for import to CA.

Marvin is good to supply Home Designer compatible files.

In Home Designer Pro you can, Using only the window dialog box, emulate most windows on the market. You can look up the specifications of a particular window and using only the window specification duplicate all aspects of most windows on the market except the most specialized shaped custom windows. In the past I have downloaded libraries from Pella, Marvin, Andersen and others and found them completely redundant, just taking up space on my hard drive. I have since deleted them for that reason.  You are free do to as you wish.

DJP

Discussed in this earlier thread from December of last year.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/1809-pella-windows/

As far as I can tell from the website, you'd need to upgrade to Premier to get the Pella catalog.

https://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/detail/856

You can probably create the same look though, just by modifying windows placed using the normal "Window" tool.

(Whoops, didn't realize you were the same one who started this earlier thread on the exact same topic a couple of months ago.)

• Upvote 2

Thanks Kat.  I can't afford to upgrade to CA Premier so I guess I'm stuck with creating them myself as David suggested.  I have a question though -- the Pella catalog is a CALIBZ file and I've imported that type of file many times so why can't I do that now?

Thanks

Alan

I was incorrect -- there is no Pella under Doors and Windows.  Either the manufacturer asks CA not to let HD Pro users have access or CA decides not to.  When I contacted Pella they said that they do not provide the calibz files for HD Pro.

Alan