Glass panel appears solid in 3d

ArchieD

It depends upon what software title you have and your current material settings, what are they? Glass's transparency can be edited depending upon which software you own. It is also important as to which camera type you are using: Glass should appear transparent in a "Render Camera" and non-transparent in a "Vector View" camera view. Glass can be programmed to appear transparent even in a vector view camera in "3D Settings" depending upon which software title you actually have. What do you have?

DJP

Thank you.  Somehow my room is set up so that I could not treat each wall separately....instead each is following some "mother default".  I did manage to get the glass to appear transparent.  Am currently looking how to undo the "room" effect so I can treat each wall separately.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you.  Somehow my room is set up so that I could not treat each wall separately....instead each is following some "mother default".  I did manage to get the glass to appear transparent.  Am currently looking how to undo the "room" effect so I can treat each wall separately.

Thanks for your help.

See the article I posted previously to reset back to default, and keep in mind in the future that sadly, that's just how the material painter works on walls.

You can't use the spray can in 3D views to change wall materials without it getting applied to the whole room. 

There's other ways to change the materials of a single wall though, discussed in this Knowledge Base article.

KB-00071: Changing the Color or Material of a Single Wall

From lurking on ChiefTalk, it looks like it's better in the public beta of X8 out now, where you can paint a single wall using the Material Painter, so fingers crossed that maybe we'll see this trickle down to the next version of Home Designer too.