False columns or wall bump-outs

ArchieD

Hey everyone--I'm at my wits end trying to get this custom shower to look like I want it. Can anyone please direct me to where I could get help forming the following:  2 walls of the shower enclosure are custom....Picture a column (basically a 5" x 5" post) covered in rock butting up to a half-wall with glass upper.  Turn the corner using another rock tile-covered column with another half-wall/glass top, another tiled column then the glass door.  On the other side of the door is a covered column butting up to 3 more feet of standard solid wall.  Do I use a pony wall for the half wall with glass or a standard half wall and somehow place a glass panel on top (not sure how to do this).  Also, when I try to make a 5' section of wall thicker than the rest to make the column "bump out" HD warns me that they are not connected properly, and i'm not sure how to cover only them in tile.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Yes, something like that!  Thanks much.  I'm going to have to familiarize myself with using "closed" box geometric shapes...seems like a perfect solution to a lot of scenarios I have I the plan I'm working off of.

Your shower threshold matches the surroundings perfectly....is that also a half wall?  say 5"?

Since the half walls are not pony walls, it should be no problem to place a narrow countertop on them even with the presence of the glass panels, correct?

Thanks a lot!

Actually, just raising up the bottom of the glass slab door automatically put in that Sill/Threshold.

Half Walls already have a "railing" across the top, I just set it to be the same material as the Base Cabinet's countertop.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier, but use the "Center Object" edit tool to make placing the columns inside of the half walls a lot easier in terms of alignment.