Cannot enlarge window close enough to corner

Smn842

My house has a wall design where the corners are thicker to allow for partial tiling on the front and back of the house from the second floor level.

So  I used a separate wall type for this connected to the normal external walls and that's fine, but now I come to add sliding windows I find I cannot size them to the correct size as their appears to be a minimum wall length.

This makes sense but given I have two wall types connected this prevents me moving the window nearer the corner.  For example below I want to increase the sliding window size to be almost at the thicker corner section:

post-5575-0-25343300-1453408272_thumb.jpg

Is there any way I can turn off this minimum or do I need to do this another way?  I tried using the normal external wall everywhere and adding an extra single layer to it but that kept connecting resizing when it got near the existing wall.

A plan with these walls but before I added the sliding window is as per my earlier posts:   Wall footing gaps.plan

That's interesting as it doesn't work for me.  If I drag to size nearer the corner the sliding door stops sizing where it's shown on my screen shot.

I wonder what the difference is, perhaps a preference?     I'll have to experiment....

Just realised I've caused confusion by referring to sliding windows when talking about sliding patio doors - apologies!  (where I am based we commonly say patio/sliding windows as we rarely have non floor height sliding windows)

Anyway looking at your screen shot more closely, it looks like this has actually pushed it back into the 670mm long thicker wall part.  I need the sliding door about 80mm in from that thicker part and with either a window or door that doesn't work for me.

I keep coming back to this issue and not found an answer yet - I just can't add a door nearer to the end of any external wall than the value of its width.  

So if your external wall changes types then you'll not get a door very close to where the types change which is an issue for modelling my current house prior to modifications.  :(

Anyone got any other suggestions?    My effort to make the external wall thicker using two parallel walls parts so still using the same wall for the basic outline failed for other reasons.

The software will not allow windows and doors to span across 2 wall types. 

The easiest solution, and one that will clean up the gaps as well, is to use the same wall type on the exterior, and a solid (soffit or slab) placed on the outside of the exterior wall to produce the thick corners.

You will then be able to place the door as needed.

• 1 month later...