Deck Railings

English

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I'm confused on your description.  Typically you form a deck using the Deck Railings tool, specified as a Deck room type, let the software auto generate framing, then turn off the deck framing generation and make modifications to the deck framing as needed, so I'm not sure I follow doing it backwards like it seems you've described.

Eric

I am using the standard railing -- not the deck railing.

Kat

I chose to create my own deck as the auto generated deck looked nothing like my existing deck.  It was just too much work to make all the changes necessary.

Thanks

Alan

• Solution

I'll ask the obvious -- you are drawing the railings on the proper floor, the floor the deck is on and not the floor below?

This was discussed sometime in the past 20 months, but I could not find anything via a quick search.

Might be time to post the plan, or at least part of it (Edit>Edit Area>Edit Area (All Floors)) to cut out that part of the structure.

I'll ask the obvious -- you are drawing the railings on the proper floor, the floor the deck is on and not the floor below?

This was discussed sometime in the past 20 months, but I could not find anything via a quick search.

Might be time to post the plan, or at least part of it (Edit>Edit Area>Edit Area (All Floors)) to cut out that part of the structure.

Duh -- I feel so stupid.  Thanks for bring me to sanity.  :)  I also changed to the deck railing.

Alan

• Downvote 1