Opening through double wall into extension

Smn842

My house has a ground floor extension for two rooms and I am trying to create the opening through the double external that is now inside the extension.

The problem is that the opening which I've done with an interior door without a casement leaves an un-rendered section and brick showing:

post-5575-0-93983300-1453158064_thumb.jpg

I've tried altering the wall details for the part of the double wall that is now inside the extension but that makes the next floor above difficult and alignment on the ground floor with the rest of the external wall awkward.  I'll also tried modifying the casement but I get stuck with the skirting. 

So what is the best way to handle this and get the normal room finish through the opening just as happens when creating an opening in an internal wall?

I've attached a simplified example of the issue.

The plan will have another floor added which doesn't have the extension and there's also a lintel down into the rooms hence why I've gone the route of an opening in the external wall rather than breaking the wall which was my first thought.

I've only recently started using Home Designer Pro so I could be approaching this incorrectly - I've tried applying material and adjusting which wall layers are internal but none of these changes work completely.

External wall issue.plan

The simple solution is to cover it up as you probably will when you reach this part of the project.

You can shape a soffit and place it around the opening -- think of the soffits as render.

post-171-0-12829600-1453166899_thumb.jpg post-171-0-39276300-1453166925_thumb.jpg

You could create a new wall type, adding a layer of drywall to the existing exterior wall, and use it in places to cover the exposed brick, if you are planning to do that.

Thanks for the two suggestions.  

Breaking the wall and making a new internal wall type worked.  I had tried this before but somehow didn't update the external wall finish so it had the wrong material on the plasterboard layer.

I'll give the other approach over covering it up a try later on so I know for reference.