Question About Areas

English

I have a staircase that consists of three flights of stairs and two landings.  If you look at the screen shot that is taken from the second floor area #1 is a foyer with 13' ceiling and will have the first flight of stairs leading to the first landing, area #2 is second flight of stairs and has a slope ceiling, area #3 is the second landing with a sloped ceiling and area #4 is the third flight of stairs with the continuation of the sloped ceiling leading to the second floor hall way with an 8' ceiling.

My question is should I make these 4 areas separate by using room dividers (I already did to make area #1) and what heights should I use for the sloped ceiling areas?

Thanks

Alan

post-2501-0-19604700-1453130216_thumb.png

The only issue is, that the area #1 in my house has a flat ceiling at 13' and if I select Open Below it makes the stair well open from the first floor to the second -- right!.  That is not how it was built -- and yes the ceilings follow the roof planes.

Alan

I removed the break between 2 & 3 and made a stairwell but it ignored the break at 1 and removed the ceiling over the foyer.  So that doesn't work.  I need to find out how to make a ceiling.

BTW I tried making that staircase with actual dimensions of my house -- second floor elevation, length of risers, number of treads, height of treads etc., and the program tells me that the staircase doesn't reach the second level -- go figure.

Alan