Change units?

FlightDeck

Go to solution Solved by FlightDeck,

• Solution

Lol I actually searched for "change units" before posting and that thread didn't come up.

At any rate I guess the short answer is no, it's yet another basic thing that Home Designer doesn't do. 

I'll just leave the model in ft and do any conversion calculations myself..., which, based on the scribbled notes on the metric blueprints, is exactly what the construction guys did as well.  :lol:

Thanks anyway.

• 1 year later...

I am gobsmacked you cant just click between mm and inches.....  Such a simple thing to be able to do!

I even tried to make a new plan, with feet and inches, then copy my layout to the new plan, nope it does not like that either....  Not bad for a £500 app!  lol

It helps if you read the  "Reference Manual" section on Units and also this is explained fully in your "Users Guide" on how  when you open a new plan is where you select "Metric Units or Imperial Units". Easy to do but afterwards you are stuck with whatever you originally chose. If you were to upgrade to Chief Premier it has the ability to "switch" between one unit or the display both. 

Your main barrier is your own not knowingness.

DJP