Remove part of base molding

tonybr

Need to remove 4' of base molding on one wall in order to insert a fireplace and surround as instructed by KB-00744. The surround is not reaching the floor. Only to the top of the base molding.

Any help on how to remove just part of the base molding on one wall?

Signature doesn't show (yet!) that I am using HD Pro 2016 on a Windows.

Thanks

Have you tried a Control-Drag to place it? Select it and move it while holding the Control key.

Could you post the plan?

The short answer is you cannot remove the molding on just one wall, but depending on exactly what you are doing, there may be alternatives.

Need to know which surround etc.

Well ... Let's see how this will go! First time on this and first time on HD Pro. I kinda thought it would be more "intuitive" than it seems to be.

Anyway, I can't select the base molding in the room at all in any view. I just need to remove the part under the proposed fireplace scheme so that the tile reaches to the floor. I will have a threshold on the floor but directly on it so raising the threshold doesn't help either. Really don't want to have to go through, room by room, to add base if I just want to get rid of about 4' of it.

Take a look at this (and anything else you see that I could "straighten up"!!! Like I said, first time on this and I am trying to learn as I go along.

Another odd thing just happened. Every time I hit "Save" it is asking me for the complete path to save it to and if I want to replace existing. Don't understand that either.

I hope this gets the file to you.

Tony

RF Remodel II.plan

I posted a similar question this past week and the workaround that I've been using is to use Room Dividers.  In the floor plan view I draw Room Dividers to "box in" the section of wall where I want different mouldings.  I then select the virtual invisible "room" that those created and modify the moulding settings in the room's properties.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Worked for me. After setting floor default moldings, they wrapped around my fireplace hearth and surround like Kudzu. Made a room with dividers, selected it in perspective doll house view, and then deleted that molding, which cleaned up the problem.

Thanks