How to Hide things (Imported Things)

MatE

Go to solution Solved by MatE,

Hi All,

I imported an "L-Shaped Wall" that is the existing Bldg.  Then added some interior walls up to it.  I Tried toggling off the Tools>Display options>Layer display options things and no help?  I tried to right click the object and pick hide, but I think this program does not work that way?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, MatE

• Found the problem....It seams that HD Pro likes to call my imported exterior wall an "Internal Fixture".  So now I just have to figure out how to make a new layer name of my choice and move it to there, so it does not interfere with real interior fixtures when I get around to actually adding them.

• Found the problem....It seams that HD Pro likes to call my imported exterior wall an "Internal Fixture".  So now I just have to figure out how to make a new layer name of my choice and move it to there, so it does not interfere with real interior fixtures when I get around to actually adding them.

The article on importing objects explains that everything comes in on that layer.  You have to upgrade to the Premier version to have more control over objects on import (or create new layers, and place objects on those layers).

If I knew what you were trying to accomplish by importing the "L-shaped wall" then myself or others here might be able to offer some suggestions on what to do instead that would work better in your current version.

Thanks Kat,

I was just trying to make a rectangular room in the corner of an existing "warehouse".  So I just needed two interior walls and a ceiling.

I'll be more careful what layer is "active" when importing, though I haven't found out yet how to know that, but I'll figure that one out.

I didn't know that the HD Pro 2016 version was not able to make layers.  Ill just hav to find the must obscure layer in the program and import things in when I'm on that layer.

If I don't change anything, I noticed once a full framing plan is created...I can just pick the parts I don't want and delete them one at a time, though time consuming, it should list the parts reasonably well.  Just have to make sure this is the last step, I assume recreating a framing plan would regenerate everything, and I would have to erase everything again, but hey, it beats making each part one at a time!

Thanks Again!

• Solution

Definitely have to type in Word first, retyping that is scrapped by the site is no fun!

Anyway, I already had the image created in 3D, so thought it would be easier to just cut and paste.

But your right, next time I will created it in HD Pro, should give me a little more control on where (“layer”) the data will be created.

But starting to get a handle on how things are working, Many thanks for all the advice everyone is sharing!!!