Sloped Driveway

English

I'm trying to create a sloped driveway to my basement garage.  I tried using a slab but it cannot be set at an angle (that I could see).  I tried a soffit and got it where it looked okay on the flat (correct width and thickness).  I had the elevation at -143" and checked the Sloped Soffit box and the ending elevation changed to -138" but when I tried to change that to -16" it defaulted to 1/16" and wouldn't accept any other number.  

Am I using the wrong item to create a sloped driveway?  
Thanks

Alan

Wow thanks Kat that looks great.  As I said this is the first time using terrain and I'm still learning.  BTW I went onto the HD website and read the article - Modeling Terrain for a Walkout Basement (http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00718/modeling-a-sloping-terrain-for-a-walk-out-basement.html) and I did exactly as described but when I click on Build Terrain nothing happens.  That article says that the software will put intermediate contour lines between the ones I added but it doesn't.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Alan

You had most of the terrain layers turned off in the version of the plan I pulled from the other thread, however I don't recall whether Terrain, Primary Contours was one of them that I had to enable, but that would be my guess for as to why you didn't see them after using Build Terrain.

The plan I attached earlier has a couple of other modifications I made after taking the screenshot, like doing a manual terrain hole so that there wouldn't be the blank space around the back of the building that was auto cut out by the first floor.

You had most of the terrain layers turned off in the version of the plan I pulled from the other thread, however I don't recall whether Terrain, Primary Contours was one of them that I had to enable, but that would be my guess for as to why you didn't see them after using Build Terrain.

The plan I attached earlier has a couple of other modifications I made after taking the screenshot, like doing a manual terrain hole so that there wouldn't be the blank space around the back of the building that was auto cut out by the first floor.

Okay thanks for that -- I always wondered how to fix that issue.  I am working on the top of the driveway -- got the little issues fixed and am now adding the walkway.

Alan

Kat

I found out what I was doing wrong (or in this case not doing).  The tutorial I referred to seems to be missing a step and that is setting the elevations of the terrain lines that you draw.  I know now it's obvious but it should have been included for us dummies.  :)

Thanks

Alan