Disable mouldings on individual walls in a room?

FlightDeck

...my current workaround is using Room Dividers to create "virtual rooms" along the walls in question and then deleting the mouldings from the definitions of those virtual rooms.  Was worried it would create strange geometries at the wall corners where baseboard meets no-baseboard, but so far it seems to look okay:

post-1560-0-06460500-1452446406_thumb.jpg

Is there a more preferred way to do this though?

Another missing feature, but you have a creative solution.

I have used a Custom Backsplash over an entire wall and applied brick, stone etc. It will cut itself around doors and windows, although I only remember using it on walls without them. You can set a thickness to it just hides the base or other trim.

• Upvote 1

I have used a Custom Backsplash over an entire wall and applied brick, stone etc. It will cut itself around doors and windows, although I only remember using it on walls without them. You can set a thickness to it just hides the base or other trim.

Cool idea, thanks Eric! :)

If you mark a wall as "No Room Def" it will not pick up the moldings applied to the room. You might have to add a room divider to make room definition if you do this though, depending on the situation.

Interesting!  But possibly tricky like you say.  For example if it's an exterior wall...  I'll experiment with this option.  The "virtual room" workaround I used is sort of okay, however sometimes the mouldings are cut in odd ways. Your suggestions sounds like it might be a little tidier.