Layer for User Library objects?

FlightDeck

Hi folks,

What layer holds the objects I add from the User Catalog?  I'd like to toggle their display on/off and can't figure out which layer they're on (if any).  These are objects that were originally imported from 3D models and then added to the User Catalog.

Thanks and regards,

Thanks, Eric.  I'd say the verdict is still out on the Pro version. I'm convinced the sweet spot for home use is still the Arch version.  For me the price/benefit ratio of Pro is very steep.   :mellow: 

And that brings me to...  One of the features I thought I was getting with Pro was the ability to control object visibility through layers.  I expected this meant the ability to create my own layers and add objects to them, like most other CAD/graphics software.  That's not the case?  Everything is already preassigned to default layers based on the object's "type" and I can't control it?  When I toggle the Fixtures Interior layer, yes it turns off the models I imported but it also blanks all the appliances, tubs, etc. in the entire model.  So it's a useless option in this case.  <_<

Is there another way I can toggle/hide a group of objects?

Thanks,

I sort of assumed the same thing about layers. Could hardly believe a program like this does not allow control over layer settings and defining ones own layers.

You have no control over which items are assigned to which layer.

I wanted to be able to generate several roof plans for a single floor plan and put each on its own layer, or create multiple kitchens, each on their own layer for just 2 examples. 

Anyway Pro is not as "Pro" as I expected.

Anyway Pro is not as "Pro" as I expected.

I think that sums everything up right there.  <_<

A main reason I wanted to use this is for performance improvement.  Working on the model when it's full of furniture, etc., is really pokey.  I wanted to toggle off those objects to speed up updates and renderining, and then turn them on again only when needed.  Also I wanted to do similar to you where I could quickly show views of different options, including bare walls.

I expected this meant the ability to create my own layers and add objects to them, like most other CAD/graphics software.  That's not the case?  Everything is already preassigned to default layers based on the object's "type" and I can't control it?

Yep, that's the way it is in all of the Home Designer programs.

I believe you'd need to upgrade to the Chief Architect Premier version to have control over creating new layers or placing particular objects on them.

You might be able to use File> Save As to create a copy of your plan with all the little object details in it and only use it as needed and delete all the extras in the other version to have simpler plan without all the fancy stuff.

• 4 years later...