Fence, Tress not following Terrain

mtmorrione

I have a terrain with gentle slopes I have put a fence around and trees. This looked fine when I put them in. I then modified the terrain and rebuilt it, but now the fence and trees are either up in the air or partially underground depending on the slope.

Nothing I do to rebuild seems to fix this.

Any suggestions? Using 2015 Pro

Mike

Try this :

On the railing tab in the Fence's DBX make sure "follow terrain" or "Step to Terrain" is set , Step is most typical as the fence comes in 8' panels and the top needs to be level usually.

open each trees DBX and see if the height above ground is zero   remedy if not.....  I think they "seek" the ground when you 1st place them  but if you change something they don't change , so an alternative maybe to delete if not too many an just replace them.

Thank you KBird.

Step terrain just makes a weird looking fence above the ground and trees are already set to zero. I am thinking this is a problem of calculating the ground position for curved surfaces. I think this is a bug.

Mike

post some pics ,someone maybe able to give more advise I don't do terrain's much.

hmmmm just tried the "step to terrain" setting on a test plan and "it" builds a weird box under the fence for some reason....possibly a "retaining wall" I think

Step post-25-0-12025100-1405826973_thumb.jpg

follow post-25-0-49721400-1405826985_thumb.jpg

after I placed some trees in the plan I lowered the terrain from 12" to 82" and the fence and all trees followed the terrain down , even on the curved parts so I am not sure why yours are "floating" unless 2015 has a "bug" that Pro 10 doesn't