Layout pages in hd pro

heyseano

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hello All

Sean from Australia.

I am a..new user to Home Designer Pro

I believe HD Pro can only create 1 layout page per plan...any tricks to create a layout that has more than one page to accommodate the plan, elevations, 3D's etc ? I assume that a file save as process may get around it ??

Sean

Each .layout page equals one printed-laid out page per file, so a set of plans would require multiple .layout files (floor plan.layout, second floor.layout, electrical plan.layout, elevations.layout etc) as many layout files as you require to represent your plan pages.

DJP

Ok thanks David and others

I am clear on the multi pages making up the drawing set

Hd pro will allow only 1 drawing page

So I am clear and not doing this the long way unnecessarily, eg

Say my plan is called Newhouse.plan, from this can send the first floor and second floor plan to the single layout page.

I then save as newhouse2.plan and can create some elevations and send to the single layout page

I can then say save as newhouse3.plan and send some 3D images to the single layout page

Is this basically it ?

Thanks in advance

Sean

No, commonly you use only one or two (for remodeling  projects-before and after) plan files and as many .layout files aws you intend printed pages. I am not making this up, it is laid out in your Reference Manual, you should carefully read it instead of guessing or asking others.

DJP

Hi David

I know you are not making it up

I have studied the tutorial videos and reference schedule and learning as best I can but the chat forum should be used too so saying "don't ask others" is ridiculous.

Maybe I am unclear in my question.

In hd pro, 1 plan file will have 1 layout file (1 page)

A 1 page layout file may not fit a plan view, elevations, 3D etc....it may have to be say 2 or 3 pages

How can my layout file be multiple pages ?

S

My understanding is that a plan may have multiple layout files associated with it, but each layout may only have 1 page.

Which is what DJP said.

You don't need an individual plan for each layout, your save as is for the unique layout file.

Eric - solver

We are close to a solution but djp has not answered the tail end and the reference manual is not clear despite what he thinks.

You say a plan file may have multiple single page layout files

The tutes are clear on layout file creation, but How is a second layout file created ?

When sending to to the layout how does it know which layout file to send to ?

Hopefully I am clear on the question.

Rgs

Sean