How do you draw a shed roof connection to a gable roof using Home Designer Suite?

rismtchiefid

Brand new to the Chief Architect family. Just bought and trying to use Home Design Suite. I have an existing 26x26 structure with a 12/12 gable roof.  I want to add a 26x18 on the side with a shed roof that connects to the gable roof. I cannot for the life of me get this to draw a shed connecting to a gable. Any help from anyone is sincerely appreciated. Happy New Year to all.

Bob

Thank you very much for the suggestion LawB10. Not exactly oriented like I am trying to design it. It needs to turn 90 degrees with the higher part of the shed roof (4/12 pitch) intersecting with the gable roof (12/12 pitch).  To help clarify the existing gable roof ridge runs east/west. I want the shed roof to run north/south or 90 degrees to the gable roof ridge.

In other words, I am trying to draw the beginning (or lowest part of the shed roof) at the far right exterior wall and then climbing/uphill towards the ridgeline (which is running perpendicular to the direction of the shed roof) of the gable roof. I am expecting the actual point the shed and the gable will touch each other will end up about 1/2 to 2/3 up the existing gable roof plane.

Hope I haven't confused what I am looking to draw. So you know I have spent quite a few hours  reading forum articles, help articles and searching for a solution to no avail. I don't want folks to think I am being lazy to look up the answer.

Thanks,

rismt

Posting pictures, or describing exactly what the problem is will help us help you.

I imagine you will need to set the new outside wall roof settings to use the Upper Pitch setting. 3, and 12 for the upper. play with the In From Baseline settings to make it look correct.

The answer is in post #6. Did you try the settings suggested there?

The problem is -- I don't understand what you don't understand.

Posting a screen capture of your attempt, or even the plan file would help.

Have you drawn the 26x26 and formed a gable roof? What is happening when you try to add the shed roof?

Looks like this can only be drawn using HD Pro and not HD Suite.

Why do you say that? Law has suite, I modeled a test house in my copy of Suite to make sure it could be done.

If you are stuck, post your plan and or screen captures of what you have.

Thank you Eric !!! I plugged away using your information and although I am not 100% there yet with my final design I am a lot further along drawing the shed to gable roof connection. I will keep you & LawB10 updated on my progress. Again, my appreciation for your time and help.

rismt