1st floor Roof / Overhang

netjcp

Hi All !!! Happy new year...

I am trying to create an exterior overhang on the 1st floor of a 2 story home.

I believe the contractor is calling it a rabbit run... It is not a full roof.. it is an over hang like one would have for an exterior porch.

I am having difficulties finding out where to find videos or pointers.... Can anyone steer me in the right direction ?

Many thanks

If your software has the feature (You did not share that data with us) over the wall you wish to have a "Full Return" (Rabbit Run) you open that "wall's dialog box-Roof Tab" and find the "Roof return" section and there will be check-boxes for various types of roof returns including a full return. I am not sure if all Home Designer Titles have this feature, take a look.

DJP

Thanks Eric and David.. 

Im using Home Designer Pro..

Im looking now.. and will also try to see if I can make something to upload..

In short.. its on the front of a two story house (1st and 2nd floor exteririor walls are on top of one another and the first floor has an over hang/roof.. but I will try to upload something..

thanks again..

With Pro, you may draw in your own roof as needed. If you don't want to do that, draw in a room using a Room Divider. Set it to open below, ad adjust the roof parameters to give you the look you want. You could also select and copy the roof plane, delete the walls forming the room, then Paste>Paste Hold Position to put just the roof back in place.

Manual roofs are not really difficult, and once you have a bit of practice, are far easier than trying to trick the software into building the roof you want.

• 1 year later...

Solver, maybe you can help me out. I am attempting to create a rood overhang between a first and second floor. The instructions I found were to create a wall just exterior to the exterior wall and thus create a room. I set it the room and roof parameters as you describe. I created the over hang I wanted but I also seem to have extended the floor joist under this new room and this shows on my perspective view. I'm using  HD Suite 2017.

Thanks

8th St. -Roof overhang.jpg