Option to flip/reverse a window treatment for one of two double windows

skimberly

OK, I feel like a bit of a newbie here despite having used HDA and its predecessors for at least a couple of decades now.  Not much experience with the interior design options though.  There must be an obvious answer to my question, but I just can't find it after many searches of the user forums, Users Guide, knowledge base, and so on.

My plan has numerous double windows-- not an unusual scenario by any means.  I want to add curtains to the windows -- a left-tied curtain on the left, and a right-tied curtain on the right.  All I can find in the catalog is a curtain tied to the left.  I can't find any way to reverse / flip the orientation for one of the windows so that it will have its curtain tied to the right.  I was expecting to find that as an option on the "treatments" tab (or at least somewhere in the window specifications dialog).

I've attached a screen shot of what I currently have, using the stock left-tied curtain on both windows.  Obviously the curtain on the right-hand window is the one I want to flip (moving the tie-back to the right).  Any suggestions as to how I might accomplish that?

Regards,

Scott Kimberly

Home Designer Architectural 10 on Windows 8.1

post-5217-0-92242300-1451354068_thumb.jpg

That's one of the challenges, Eric: I can't open (Ctrl-E) the curtain, as I normally would to try and flip an object.  There is no way to select the curtain so it can be "opened."  I can select the window itself, but not the curtain as a component of the window.  And the window itself can't be reversed -- as far as I can see.

Scott Kimberly

Home Designer Architectural 10 on Windows 8.1

Hmm, I thought option B would do the trick --I was able to reverse the object and place this new reversed curtain in my custom library-- but when I selected the reversed curtain as a window treatment, it just showed up in the original orientation (which is quite odd, because if I place this new reversed curtain on the wall by itself, it does retain the new right-tied orientation).    So I guess I have to go with option A -- not as convenient, because the curtain is surprisingly difficult to resize and manipulate when it's a separate object that's not integrated with the window.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Response from Support.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have forwarded the information to our development team of Software Engineers. In the mean time, the work around would be to place it over the window without using the window treatment specification dialog. Just click on it and click over the window.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

• 6 years later...