Cad drawing challenge

lexington

I have a paper line drawing elevation of the back of a very large house with multiple levels.  I gave up trying to get this monster drawn correctly into the program-given my deadline. My plan now is to scan/import a line drawing of the elevation into the program and essentially do a CAD drawing over the drawing.

Is there a way to attach an elevation view of a window or a door (for instance) into a CAD drawing or is there a way to apply/paste an elevation object of a window or door (for instance) into one huge transparent wall that's the width and breadth of the entire back of the house (as represented by the line drawing)-allowing me to put them where they correspond to object locations on the imported line drawing layer?

I don't know if I'm communicating well at all so I will try a different description of what I'm trying to do: my line drawing is a scaled sketch of all the basic lines of the elevation of the back of the house.  I want to then use this as a template for a hand/CAD drawing of the back elevation within the program.  I want to be able to trace bricked areas with polylines for instance then fill in bricks over a large area.  I want to paste railings/windows/doors/etc. into the elevation drawing I'm creating from scratch.

I think a monolithic wall would work but how would I make it transparent or invisible?

Is my confusion clearer now?!

Any thoughts and/or approaches would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rock H

HDPro2016

You can import a scan or image of your drawing and then scale it in Pro, then sketch over the lines using 2D CAD tools. Not a job I would enjoy but doable. In order to 3D model a plan you really need to know ceiling heights per room-floor, four elevations and second floor platform thickness data. Using Pro for 2D only drawing is like using the Space Shuttle to go across town but one must do what one must, I suppose.

DJP