Range top view

KayNine

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

Did you open it in sketchup to check if it is corrupt there , or if HD is corrupting it on import ? perhaps try saving it as another .skp version and see If imports OK

or try contacting the Author perhaps? Brandon H. I couldnt tell from the link which stove it is ....

... you need to update your profile so we know what version of HD you are using pls.

Kbird has the right idea in terms of Home Designer Pro (Chief Premier X6 can manually fix that sort of thing but Pro does not have the additional tools for that job, so I agree with Kbird to see if you can fix the simbol in Sketch Up before import to Pro).

DJP

don't really know sketchup , but can't you Orbit the item in 3D just like here in HD and look at the top of it?<br /><br />don't know exactly which model you got from that page above so can't try it at the moment sorry.<br /><br />M.

don't really know sketchup , but can't you Orbit the item in 3D just like here in HD and look at the top of it?<br /><br />don't know exactly which model you got from that page above so can't try it at the moment sorry.<br /><br />M.

Doesn't matter which model, all the ranges behave the same.  The top view in SketchUp is the top view of the 3D symbol, it looks like the object, not the plan view Home Designer shows.  Where does Home Designer get the line drawing from? Is that from SketchUp too?  If so I cannot find it and that's where I need help.  Thanks all!

• Solution

I think David answered your question that the Chief Architect Premier can do this, but none of the Home Designer titles can change how the 2D floor plan for the symbol displays. 

If you are sure of the symbol you want to use, maybe consider posting over on ChiefTalk and see if someone can clean up the 2D for you and send you back a fixed version of the object.

Sorry didn't "click" it was the 2D image you were having trouble with, if they all have the same issue either it is a poor model or HD just isn't importing it correctly.

Personally I'd just use something that was close enough or see if GE has a symbol(s)  or if someone else on 3d Warehouse has done them.

Sorry I can't be more help.

M.