square spiral staircase

awakening

I suppose this is rather snide but the idea of a square-spiral staircase is a paradox of terms (all spiral stairs are round by default-spiral means round). There are spiral stair objects in your Library Browser under "Stairs" but to duplicate the stairs in your posted image would require doing exactly as you did using separate objects, this is also true in Chief Architect Permier.

DJP

• Downvote 1

I suppose this is rather snide but the idea of a square-spiral staircase is a paradox of terms (all spiral stairs are round by default-spiral means round).

That was just totally unnecessary. OP explained what they wanted to accomplish and attached an image, the attitude back lately I'm seeing in some of these posts is just completely unwarranted. To quote Bambi, "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."

Go Bambi :-)

And yes spiral means round. Do you have a proper word for such a stair case?

Meanwhile i posted this as a suggestion for future HDP releases.

When one looks it up on google images, we can see that it is a rather common way to have stairs in a house.

Would seem a nice addition to this already great software.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00177/placing-a-spiral-staircase-and-stairwell.html might be about the closest you will get.

you could try using this https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00486/creating-stair-winders-in-home-designer-pro.html method but it will be fiddly and most likely need invisible walls to constrain the treads.

another alternative is an imported object for the treads, they could all be the same shape (or at least repeats of just a few) so you could just import, rotate and adjust heights to build it.