Home Designer Pro 2016 installation

spytech128

Short answer:

NO

There was a thread on this some months back, but when you install Home Designer, you can choose to install the software to a different (internal) drive, and save your plan/layout files to that drive, and even move your Data folder to that other drive, but the Library content (Core, Manufacturer and Bonus which is the stuff that takes up the most space) can't be moved, it's going to be stuck on the C: drive in ProgramData.

Don't put stuff on an external hard drive.

File loss, data corruption, bad bad bad idea!

(There's a lot more information on ChiefTalk with the company people chiming in too if you want more information as to the "why," but in short, just don't do it.)

• Upvote 8

Katalyst, yes can, but as you said, this is what may happen if you do. the only thing(s) that need to be moved is your personal stuff that's created.

That's why you do a clean install, instead of copying the program from one to the other. Less chance for problems to accure.

• Downvote 2

Thank you, both. I'll make sure from CA how to do it, properly. My external drives are connected via the iMac's Thunderbolt port and are mirrored RAID drives. That may make it a better configuration to reinstall it there, possibly. I'm at the point where I need to free-up some GBs on my internal drive, after installing CA Home Designer Pro 2016.