Kitchen Sink Orientation

TonyRichardson

Go to solution Solved by TonyRichardson,

I am wanting to place a double bowl kitchen sink with drainboard on the left when facing the sink, but it seems that all those in the Library have the drainboard on the right, and I can find no way to change the orientation of the sink and drainboard (like reversing the sides for handles etc on other units). Are there any sinks with drainboards on the left, or any way of changing the orientation?

Thanks Eric, I tried your suggestion (don't know how I didn't see the Reverse Appliances option earlier) but it still has a bit of a problem (whether I leave the sink in the cabinet or take it out before doing the switch). As shown in the photos below, when initially installed the two bowls are within the cabinet underneath and the drainboard overhangs the cabinet on the right. When switched, the drainboard and one bowl are within the cabinet and the other bowl intrudes into the cabinet on the right. I would like to keep the bowls within the cabinet and have the drainboard overhang the dishwasher on the left. I tried manually moving just the sink unit but it doesn't seem to be independently movable. Any ideas on how I can achieve what I need?

post-4517-0-37351700-1448672610_thumb.jpg

post-4517-0-83037900-1448672625_thumb.jpg

When you click on a sink in a cabinet, it selects the cabinet. Press TAB to select the sink. Move it as needed.

Copy then Reflect About is also handy for flipping things. I placed the 3 cabinets and sink on the right, then in plan view, copied them and reflected about a CAD line drawn between them.

post-171-0-07243600-1448678427_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1