How do I fix a roof

eganders

I had the same problem.  Turns out I had an interior wall slightly higher than the exterior walls and it was just high enough for  the program build a ridge to there.

After much agonizing figuring out what was wrong, long story short - I fixed the offending interior wall, deleted the roof, and then rebuilt it.  It was a simple gable roof though.

If your roof is so complicated that you don't want to delete & rebuild it, then maybe someone will chime in with a better option.

You might check to make sure your wall in question didn't somehow get set as a gable wall.  (I'm new to this program, but an old hand at CAD - maddening things happen.)

you don't explain "how the roof should look" but some guesses

all the walls are Hip at the moment so assuming that is correct ?

-auto rebuild Roofs is OFF  ( default in Pro) and you haven't rebuilt them after moving the windows down

-if its one straight roof line you want ?   the Minimum alcove setting is narrower than the alcove on the right of the Wood wall.....making it 100" will fix it if needed (default is 36).

M.

I think I was not clear as to what I was originally trying to do...

Actually, the wall shown in brown is a protrusion of the fireplace.  It is not supposed to go all the way to the main roof (which is a hip).  The protrusion actually starts about 3 ft below the main roof and goes down to about 3 ft above the ground.  So it is just a protrusion from the wall of the main house.  It has a small roof sloping down toward you in the view below the main roof. I can't find any way to define the height of the wall when I open it, so i can't create the exact look that it has.  Should I try to build it some other way beside 3 walls to define it?

By the way, auto build roof is on.  

without trying it but a thought would be .......try setting the "fireplace" room's floor height at 36" and the ceiling at 72"  and see if that works ?

Or use the "fireplace tool" to make the firebox , instead of walls

M.

I mentioned the alcove in my 1st post , but it seems he is only getting the alcove cos he tried using walls to make the fireplace, once walls are gone he wont have an alcove,  he doesn't actually want or need a chimney chase by the sound of it. Just a Box sticking out of the wall. Could use geometric shapes for that too...eg open end box with wedge on top