Pier and Curtain Foundation walls

Railey

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting starting with HD Pro 2016 and was wondering if anyone is designing plans with Pier and Curtain wall foundations.  I was hoping to create a new foundation wall type but don't know where to start.  I have attached a detail for this type of foundation.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-4855-0-25887300-1448059360_thumb.jpg

In most localities in the USA at least, you are better served to just design your plan above ground and then share your plan and elevations as .dxf exports with a State Licensed Structural Engineer and let he or she design the foundation. You can certainly emulate the appearance of any kind of foundation using just the tools provided within Pro, but it is my opinion this sort of thing is best left to those trained and licensed to do it.

You can start with the foundation wall tool or automatically generate a foundation and then manually edit it to emulate your image using custom slabs to emulate the piers.

DJP

Thank you both for the comments.  I would like to create detailed plans for plan approval and construction.  I was able to create a Pier and Curtain foundation in Softplan and would like to do the same in HD Pro.  I have only used this program for about 1 hr so I still have plenty to learn.  Thank you again!!