3D Export

MatE

Go to solution Solved by MatE,

I checked Home Designer Pro 2015 and it will export 3D STL files (I am not sure about Home Designer Pro 2016, it is on my laptop). Chief Architect Premier does export to several popular 3D file formats (colada, 3D dwg, obj, 3DS, stl, skp) but Home Designer Pro is more limited in ranges of choices of export file formats.) What version of Home Designer Pro do you have?

DJP

I have Home Designer Pro 2016.  I can see many useful things I could do If I can figure out some form of a 3D export of the forms created with HD Pro, Even if I loose all intelligent data and it's just one combined shape.  I thought the DXF export would retain the 3D info?  Like other program exports do?

Thanks for your reply!

OK I found the "trick?".  My goal was to mix an existing part of a house with the remodel part.  But only get a cut list for the remodel part... Here is a newby solution that might work, haven't finished testing...

Create the existing Bldg.

1 - Export existing Bldg. as an .slt file > import into Sketchup > Erase all extra stuff > save

2 - Import this back into HD Pro.  (It's just a block now - Haven't tested coloring it)

3 - Draw new remodel data and put it up to the imported block?

4 - ? parts output now only lists the new remodel portion?

Pretty crude.... But it might work?  Still a lot of playing to do?

• 9 months later...

I checked Home Designer Pro 2015 and it will export 3D STL files (I am not sure about Home Designer Pro 2016, it is on my laptop). Chief Architect Premier does export to several popular 3D file formats (colada, 3D dwg, obj, 3DS, stl, skp) but Home Designer Pro is more limited in ranges of choices of export file formats.) What version of Home Designer Pro do you have?

DJP

My HDP Pro 2016 shows STL as an option in the export dialog, but it is grayed out.   What do I need to do to export to it?