Creating an oak framed or exposed beam structure

LenB10p

Is it possible to create a design with some of the house frame exposed in the walls and ceilings.  I'd like to create a two storey oak framed house but haven't come across any samples or examples yet of how to do this.

Anyone out there with a suggestion on how to accomplish this?

Many thanks

Len

HD Suite 2015

just an example below

post-1494-0-39063600-1447759190_thumb.jpg

Some of this could be done in Suite, but most of the sloping beams, and truss members could not be drawn using Suite.

You would need to either make the roof beams in another program and import them in, then hope they are the right scale, or use Home Designer Pro to gain control over manual framing tools.

I believe you need HD Pro where you can have rooms with no ceilings, and can expose rafters. It also allows you limited automatic trusses, which are difficult to make look as you desire. You can expose framing in walls and upgrade the sizes of the framing to be more oak like. I've also used the roof beam tool for a close approximation to a purlin. Soffit tool can also be made to look like oak, though I found the '3D closed' shape more friendly and easier to position. You can't fully rotate these tools and can't make curved beams. I was advised to draw in sketchup and import the SKP file (this has to be done on imperial plans and added to library as it doesn't work in metric) Example of what can be done in HD pro with only a few weeks experience attachedpost-4531-0-94586600-1447799028_thumb.jpg. Will be following this in case you get better suggestions!

R

HD Pro 2016