Plan size

TallRoger

Brand new here.  Watched videos, but still can't figure out one simpel thing.

How do I set the size of the project.  I'm working on a room only 9*12 and the screen is set for a project hundreds of feet.  Can't I tell it a size for my project?

thanks,

Roger

Yea, I know where the zoom buttons are, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I mean the overall size. Like how big it is when you zoom all the way out.

The overall size is huge.  Like hundreds of feet in each direction.

Can't I limit the size to say 10 by 20 feet so if I zoom all the way out all I see it the room, not the universe!

Roger

How do you "zoom all the way out"? That is, what action are you doing that causes the problem?

I don't believe there is a way to constrain the drawing size.

My projects are normally small, 500 sq ft or less, and using the mouse to wheel in and out has always worked for me.

Yea, I know where the zoom buttons are, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I mean the overall size. Like how big it is when you zoom all the way out.

The overall size is huge.  Like hundreds of feet in each direction.

Can't I limit the size to say 10 by 20 feet so if I zoom all the way out all I see it the room, not the universe!

Roger

Sounds like you've drawn your walls too long. The way you limit the size of your project is to draw the walls roughly the lengths you need to begin with. You should have temporary dimensions as you draw, displaying the length of the wall that you are drawing. If you are already zoomed out too far to see these then zoom in really quick and try drawing the wall again.

The house design tutorial can help you with the process of creating a drawing in the software that is the right size. You can access this by selecting 'Help> View User's Guide' from your menu.