What is this thingy called?

Keith_K

It is automatically generated.  However I am busy with an office block not a domestic construction and would like this  to read "Ground Floor" and "First Floor" on my plan.

I can open the object and change it to read thus but after closing the plan and coming back to it later it has been changed back to "Living Area".

I thought that maybe I could lock the object so that it doesn't change between sessions but I can't seem to find anything under what I think it might be called by the software.

Suggestions please.

(My topic posting roll has now come to an end.  This is the last question for the day  ;) )

post-52-0-18225800-1404649552_thumb.jpg

It looks like it's the self-generated layout box page title? Go the the "display options" tab on the layout page & uncheck the "display box labels" box. That shoud make it disappear. Then create your own text box & place as desired.

your keeping me busy today Keith :)

there is a setting in Defaults>Plan  to turn show Living Space on or off  

That calculation is done from the ROOM DBX >General            and how it is setup to be included or not.

and is measured by the setting on the Defaults>Floor>General      Main layer or Surface

Yes this software has way too many DBX's and check boxes to remember :)  I think they tried rearranging this somewhat in 2015 ,but don't know the success rate.

I would just add my own text box as suggested once it has calculated the area for you.  You may want to double check the total as some rooms aren't included by default (Room DBX) but I don't have a list of those that are by default not included sorry.

M.

• Upvote 1

I am The Chosen One.  My brief is to keep people busy.  ;)

Thank you again.  I haven't used any of the room label choices in the software so the calculation of total area should be OK.  Well, one hopes so anyway.  I can't imagine anything worse than sitting with a little calculator doing the sums for more than 100 rooms!  :o

And while I'm here...as said my brief is to keep people busy, not to correct their use of the English language  It's "you'RE keeping me busy..."   :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :ph34r:

:)  schooled !

AFAIK "Unspecified Rooms" are included by default.....

just do a simple total sqft calc of the whole building  , width x length for each building 

Room sizes do not account for the wall thicknesses unlike the Living Space Calc.   AFAIK.....