I have Home Designer Pro 2014..Where is everybody going to get 3D Symbols?

HCDLLC

I notice that 3D Warehouse seems to have less and less symbols that work with Home Designer Pro 2014, now that Pro 2016 has come out. Is everyone still using  Sketchup's 3D WArehouse to get 3D symbols or are there other websites that I can get 3D symbols from? Please help.

Thanks!

I cannot speak for "everyone" but would point out that Home Designer 2014 will only do what it was designed to do in terms of Sketch Up imports, whereas, Sketch Up, like Home Designer, has moved on to more modern versions. This is the way of our society and business. If you want to stay with legacy software, then you will have to download earlier versions of Sketch Up files that will import into 2014 (Sketch UP- 3D Warehouse usually offers several file versions for download so you should select the one that works with 2014 and skip the more modern versions by default). 

Personally, I often have to download several symbols to find one that is actually well made and useful to my purposes. Because something is "free" does not mean that the quality is also present.

DJP

• Downvote 1