Raised Breakfast bar above countertop height

3puttking

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

I can't seem to build a breakfast bar peninsula that is 40" tall.  My kitchen is "U" shaped with one leg of the "U" a peninsula, and base cabinet 36" finish height.  Want to add 18" overhang at 40" tall for bar stools overlooking the countertop.  Can't seem to build a single interior wall less than full height.  Once I get that done, how could I add a countertop?  I could make a real skinny cabinet & dimension my countertop overhang.  I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to do a kitchen bar stool countertop.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

3 putt

• Solution

Thank you for the feedback...added the signature...saved a thumbnail, but don't know where it was saved to and can't find it.  Can't seem to capture the screen or figure out how to do that.  Went to the help screens, didn't really help as far as saving.  Watched a few of the video's, will watch more.  I'm getting the sense, I need to install a base cabinet, make it the height I want, then shrink the depth of the cabinet to create my overhang.  Add a corbel.

Got it. Thank you Katalyst777.  Still working the ins and outs of the help forums & software.  I did try a video search originally.  It turns out I was in the "sales forum" leading to "zero results on your search"...which sparked my remark of I can't be the only one building a raised peninsula.  Learning the ins and outs.  Intuitively building a "railing" was not part of my solution process...however did exactly what I wanted.  Problem resolved, however will now search to find out how and where all this stuff is being saved...and how to be able to post partial plans or thumbnails...so I can communicate better on the forum

Thanks for the help,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I watched/read all of the above links, but I didn't see any way to "raise" the countertop height for the breakfast bar.  I did see how to make a custon countertop shape.  Do I need to make a wall behind the cabinets to do this, or as spceulated above, make a shallow base cabinet behind the main ones to support the raised counter?