Sketchup and HD Pro

MatE

Go to solution Solved by katalyst777,

Hi All,

I am really new to this program, (Just got in a few Hours ago).  To help myself NOT go down the wrong path, I was hoping to get your advice...... I am "guessing" that importing lots of my Sketchup creations will be fine for objects (Tables, Chairs, Etc.) for use in the model.  But it looks? like importing an entire model is useless if we want all the wall, window data, etc.  to operate in an intelligent HD Pro drawing.  It looks like it is best to just measure the Sketchup drawing, Print it out and Redraw in HD Pro from scratch to get all the cool data attached to the objects.  Or am I off track?  Thanks for your advice!!!

• Solution

Create the floor plan (walls, doors, windows, cabinets, landscaping, etc) in Home Designer.

Try to use as many materials and symbols from the software's Library Browser as you can, as stuff imported from SketchUp can quickly add up to a ton of extra surfaces that can make rendering slow or cause you to run out of video memory if you add too much, but can be nice if you have a very customized piece of furniture that you want to show in the camera views.

• Upvote 1