Slope terrain along foundation wall

SAILOR139

I need to slope terrain along a foundation wall.  I have tried every trick I know with no sucess.  If I come close to a slope, it will be about 2 feet from the wall and then the terrain will always dip to the bottom of the foundation.

Any suggestions?  I have review the tutorials; they are no help.

Second issue: the terrain generated by the elevation lines does not jibe.  Does anyone know how this algorithm works?  I have seen the terrain rise in areas that it should go down; also, it greates holes and jagged hills when it should be smooth.  Any help in this area.  Are there user tutorials that explains these anomalies and how to trick the software to perform as needed?

My usual advice, when working with terrain is to make a single change in an elevation value and then check that single change using multiple camera views to evaluate the change. You should want to use as few elevation objects as you can to obtain a particular result. You do this carefully, methodically, one change at a time, checking each change in multiple camera views. This gives you greater control but requires patience.

DJP

David

Thanks,  your suggestions for smoothing the terrain resolved that problem.  And, after reviewing your tutorial I was able to solve the slope along the foundation.  Your use of the elevation region gave me an idea which fixed the slope problem.

Sailor