Creating a simple concrete patio

scott_v

I want to add a basic concrete patio off of the rear of the house.  I've searched the Knowledge Base and Search and see plenty of discussions on an enclosed, or screened, or covered patio...build a room and make the walls invisible.  My patio has no walls, no cover, and is a basic 4" thick concrete pad sitting on the dirt.  Tech support said I should NOT be using Build Slab, but offered no solution other than build a room, invisible walls, etc.

Tech Support persons are Human Beings like the rest of us and perhaps you caught one at a weak or off moment. I have found them (since 1994) to be generally friendly and helpful.

Depending upon what you want to do precisely, you could use invisible walls to demark the space (especially if you wanted a covered slab or patio) or you can use the slab tool (where no other control over the space is required ( ie. roof or ceiling). Railing walls could be used for such a space when you require the space to have a roof and or ceiling (the railing walls could then be programmed with "Newels" (ie. posts or columns) to hold up the roof and ceiling, the railing can be turned on or off as you desire. DJP